four sweetpeas -->

Monday, November 21, 2005

Nothing's Impossible


"For nothing is impossible with God" I read Luke 1 this morning and this is the scripture that stood out. I tell myself lots of things are impossible. I don't always say it in those words but I say it. "We are going to be late again","no one really likes me", "I can't make that", "Jack will never be potty trained", "I'll be this way forever", I could go on and on. Little negative things come out of my mouth all day long. Here is a list of things that ARE possible.

1. Jack will be potty trained one day.
2. My inner happiness will not be determined by the size of my jeans.
3. I can be a more spiritual person.
4. I will accept that people do like me.
5. We will have our own house someday.
6. I will learn to be more patient with the kids.
7. We will travel someday.
8. I will learn to not be so concerned with what others think of me.
9. I will learn to love exercise.
10. My kids will always be very close to John and I.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

very encouraging.....Thank you!

9:00 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

Love this!! Thanks for the great reminder....

10:13 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

what a great list....i do this
to myself all the time. this morning i went to buy some flowers and when i got home, i saw a lady who lives in the run down rental across the street. and i thought, kelly why not be grateful for what you have. she probably couldn't even think of buying herself a bunch of fresh flowers. thanks for making me see my blessings

have a great day

10:29 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

HEATHER!!! wow, what a great post and a great picture to go along with it. i love u, isn't that REALLY all that matters? :)...i am so negative too and need to start being more postive in my life as well.

1:39 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

what a nicer way of framing it...
very inspiring
:)

1:49 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

A good checking in with yourself. When you figure out how to love exercise, please share with me ~ sigh.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so honest! and I share so many of those hopes/beliefs too....

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, all these things are possible!

10:15 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Echoing the above sentiments -- a great reminder & a great post. I was especially struck with the "we will own a house someday" because we're coincidentally experiencing torments over that in our life, too. Thanks for the positivity!!

10:41 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Love your list! Wise the number 8!

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I always appreciate yours nice compliments!

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home