four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Leaves falling down on me.

At the end of the day... after I crawl into bed... when my mind should be resting... is when it starts spinning. Things that I didn't think about during the day...come drifting into my mind...like leaves gently falling down on me. Last night it was the thought of leaving Jack and Stella Saturday night with our dear friends.... It's our anniversary...I haven't spent more than 3 hours away from them in 2 1/2 years...it's time...but I'm scared. Will they fall down the stairs...think we aren't coming back...get scared in the middle of the night...miss me and cry inconsolably for 2 days? I cried last night thinking about it...John said it would be alright...we are staying in town...we can pick them up anytime we want....that is comforting. I want to have fun with John...alone...will I be able to stop thinking about the kids....and relax?...I hope so.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great picture! i haven't left my little girl for more than 3 hours too. it's hard because you know you need to have special time with your husband, but sometimes you feel like your kids can't make it without you. which of course they can. remember, God tells us to put our husbands before the kids...it's tough sometimes though.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i didn't know that u were leaving them..where r u guys going?

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they will be fine, of course, you are going to talk, wonder and worry about them constantly, but you will so love being alone with your husband.

(I first left my twins when they were 5 month-old to go to London with my hubby!)

12:06 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

first of all i love that picture...

second of all, how good of a mom
are you???? wow!

i've got parents that drop their kids off at my home daycare everyday and they don't work...5 days a week, 7:30 to 4:30....
they work some of the time, but not most of the time...
give a try tho and have a good time
:)

7:11 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

oh--my heart just aches with yours while reading this post--i'd be the same way about leaving my kids. it is so hard (although I haven't done it yet)...emma spent one night with her g-ma and i was so lonely without her around....ugh! it's hard!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home