four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Art

I was inspired to share this collage I made a few months ago after reading Whish Jar Journal's "circle" post. I actually made a blue one and a green one too. I was so proud of them, I thought they were cute and had turned out exactly like I wanted them to. Well, not really knowing anything about art material, and wanting to put a nice smooth shiny sealant over the top of them, I bought some spray clear gloss latex finish. This promptly wrinkled all the paper circles on the green panel. So then I bought some clean paint glossy stuff that looked like it might work, well the exact same thing happened to the blue one. So now here is the red one, just as I originally made it in all it's bare glory.
Here is some paper plate art we made the other day during craft time. Impressive huh?
And finally here is a little piece we call "Is that a banana in your suv or are you just happy to see me?". Jack stuffed his morning banana in his little car and shut the doors. This morning he stuffed his scrambled egg in.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so loud right now, can't you hear me? I LOVE the paper plates. VERY creative!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

Is Jack in his "food as art" period?

6:52 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

I love the circle collage...I'm wanting a cool idea to make Christmas presents...this is a good one.

8:29 AM  
Blogger christina said...

The paper plate series is FABULOUS.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

that suv thing is SO SO funny...i know something that may work...remember that stuff i sealed the bottle i painted for u...It is Gesso...it may work for paper too...pretty sure it does.

5:51 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Beautiful! Love it!

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home