four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Self portrait Tuesday: Self Documentary #4

Date Night
Here we go, we made it out the door, with a quick stop at the store, and then off to drop the kids off at our babysitting co-op.
The most romantic man ever!!! He didn't just get cash at the store but beautiful roses too.
We ordered the 12 oz but the bartender made us the 16oz Yipeeee!
Ok, John took us Ice Skating, The whole date was a surprise, he wanted it to be a special date not just our usual movie. Anyway I was really excited when he told me we were going ice skating, but then I got there, and got my skates, and sat down, and watched hundreds of teenagers zooming around the rink at break neck speeds, and I my excitement turned to fear. I laced up my skates mumbled "God help me" under my breath and hobbled my way to the rink with John.
We had a blast. At first we used the sliding walkers, I was embarrassed at first but it was soooo much easier using them that I didn't care that we were the only adults using them. After our confidence grew we ditched the walkers and skated on our own. We did great, didn't even fall.
We were the oldest people in the rink, besides parents who were sitting on the bleachers watching their kids. We didn't care though, it was fun remembering all the time I spent in rollerskating rinks as a kid. John you did a super job planning this date. It was a blast!! I love you.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a special night! You're such a sweet couple - and what a romantic date! Good job, John!! :)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

ahhh..my eyes are all misty...over those 16 oz drinks!!! ha ha..it looks like so much fun! I wish i had a good man like john..he is so good to u!!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great date! Kudos to him.

10:45 PM  
Blogger sara said...

What a wonderful date & husband...you deserve it!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blck eyed peas concert and now ice-skating??? wow!!! I'm so jealous!!

12:52 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

wow...
that sounds like a great date
and what luck to have a
babysitting co-op...
that must come in handy
:)

oh
and he's a keeper
heehee

6:50 AM  
Blogger teega said...

The romance between you two will never die since you are able to keep the "date night" alive. That is so cool, and lucky!

8:45 AM  
Blogger GJ said...

Dates with husbands rule!!!! Love it!!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home