four sweetpeas -->

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Dirt



Yesterday, after getting the kids dressed for the day, I started doing the dishes as the kids made their way into the backyard. I checked on them a couple of times and they were nicely playing with a pile of rocks no where near the dirt. I went back to doing the dishes, finished up and went to check on them again. Well they HAD made their way to the dirt and Stella somehow managed to get dirt all over herself (I'm sure Jack helped, he had a suspicious smile on his face). For a split second when I saw them I felt my composure slip, tears instantly sprang to my eyes and I felt extremely tired, not another mess. Then I stopped and just looked at them. They were both smiling and it WAS pretty funny, and instantly I snapped out of it. I went and got my camera and let them play for a little while more, then I stripped them down and put them in a bath. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately by just the normal day to day stuff of changing diapers and keeping the house clean. I feel like I'm constantly chasing 2 little tornados around the house. Some weeks are better then others. I'm glad the weekend is here and I can recuperate a little.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

so cute...i love Stellas little facial expression on that first picture..it is adorable!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I know how you feel....some days we get lots of baths or the safest place to play is the bath no mess!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Lorissa said...

Jack does look suspicious with that little grin on his face! Remember, one day at a time--and a house can't love you back. There will always be a mess to clean. I often tell my cats they need to help out around here more, or get a job...you're a great mama with two creative kids!

12:10 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Lovely! They are so cute and happy, too!

3:08 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Thanks Heather, for the nice comment on my blog!

1:55 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i soooooo hear you
and give yourself a pat
on the back tho
for stopping and recognizing it

so many times
i only realize it after that fact
that it really didn't need to be
that big of a deal
but at the time
you are so tired
and sick of cleaning
and all that
that entails...

the pictures are priceless
by the way
:)

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home