four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday

Here's my neck. I used to think I had a really long neck like a giraffe, and I was embarrassed about it at times when I was younger. I don't know why, my neck is really just the average length.

This is my first week alone with the kids again after 4 weeks of having John here. He went back to work yesterday. It was a pretty good day with the kids, but it was hard. Sometimes I just don't think I'm really good at being a mom. I think other mom's just naturally teach their kids the alphabet and potty train them and teach them to count, but for some reason when I try to do any of those things with Jack he literally screams "NO" and runs in the other direction. John says it's the age, and I'm sure it is. I just feel exhausted by the end of the day, and I feel like a failure because I can't just be so happy and energetic for John when he comes in the door.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

You are such a good mom..and the kids love u like crazy. Remember when we were at rainforest cafe and as soon as the thunder hit, jack would wimper "mom, mom"..even though john was holding him. You are such a good mom...and your self pic of your neck is really good.

10:07 AM  
Blogger kath red said...

what a neck - great pic

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home