four sweetpeas -->

Monday, September 05, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday

MY FEET
My feet have rough heels and calluses.
They have walked along lost on the hot streets of Mexico.
They have walked in the warm sand in Maui.
They have dangled in the cool water of the Pagsanjan river in Manila.
They have hiked to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite.
They have ran in the Bay to Breakers in San Fransisco.
They have carried the weight of two babies.
They have held me up as I pushed those two babies out.
They have held me up as I kissed my grandmothers dying lips.
They have walked down the marriage isle.
They have been pampered.
They have been ignored.
They have been faithful.
Thanks feet.


4 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

i live this self pic and poem...why do u get stupid spam comments?? It bothers me.

1:35 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

AWESOME! One of my fav SPT's so far!

7:44 AM  
Blogger kath red said...

i wanted to let you know i have set up an SPT blog at selfportraittuesday.blogspot.com

i think this might qualify for this months theme

7:05 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Beautiful poem, I loved it. :)

BTW, you can get rid of spam comments by enabling 'word verification'. go into your settings and I think you will find it there.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home