four sweetpeas -->

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

First Day of Fall

Doesn't it look cold in this picture. It was really cool. This is in Tahoe and the wind was blowing violently. We were all bundled up.
I love the fall. When I was younger I lived for the summer and hated the winter. The year I got married I distinctly remember, for the first time, getting excited about the winter. Maybe because I had someone to snuggle up with, I'm not sure, but before that I hated winter.

Reasons I love fall

- The tree's changing color and dropping all their leaves on the ground.
- Christmas lights. I love them. Downtown around the corner from where we used to live all the neighbors put small white lights up on all their shrubs, We would go out of our way to drive down the street, and I would sing "chrisssstmassss townnn, chrissstmasss townn" as we drove by (yes I was 30 at the time)
- Walking in the rain with the kids.
- Making hot soup and warm meals.
- Staying inside all day and listening to the rain.
- It getting dark at 5 o'clock.
- Watching all my favorite shows.
- Seeing more of John's family.
- Stella's first Christmas.
- Bundling up in lots of clothes.
- Getting really warm after being really cold.
- Drinking hot chocolate in a coffee shop while it's raining outside.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorissa said...

I LOOOOOVE Fall too! I won't miss hot weather AT ALL...Maybe we could plan a trip to Apple Hill together?

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home