four sweetpeas -->

Monday, September 19, 2005

Bliss

Michelle over at La vie en rose asked the question, when are times you feel blissfully alive? Taking her que I also focused on happy times. These are what came to mind immediately, there are tons more I'm sure.

- The moment I looked down and saw Jack after he was born. I was stunned at the fact that this little person had just come out of me. I was overwhelmed, amazed, and shocked all at the same time. In that moment, of about a minute, before I even held him, time and space stopped and it was just me and him. I never felt more alive than that moment.

- Skinny dipping with John in a remote part of Ca. That we had backpacked to for 2 days. We set our camp up with our friends Ron and Lorissa . Then John and I set out and climbed up a big mountain and went skinny dipping in this tiny lake. We laid out in the sun. It was beautiful and quiet. I felt connected to my husband in the adventure. I felt alive.

- When we went to the sonogram for Stella. We had decided that we were going to wait to find out what sex our baby was. When we drove up to the appointment, we parked the car and before we got out I turned to John and said, Ok are you sure you want to wait, he said yes let's wait. We went in and as I laid on the table, the technician asked "so are we finding out what were having today" I turned and looked at John and we both the "yes". I wave of excitement shot through my body, I already sensed I was having a girl, but when she confirmed it, my eyes welled up and a peace filled my body, I was so happy.

- Last Saturday laying on a massage table as a man I didn't know pulled my hair and rubbed my back and pinched my neck. John was right next to me as some stranger did the same to him. Our friends treated us to a couples massage. I swear Rick my mesues was channeling the hands of God. I felt like I was floating. Bliss.

- John formally asked me to be his girlfriend. I know it's a bit old fashioned these days, but it was romantic and sweet. For days after he asked me I literally felt like I was walking on air. I felt lighter and totally and completely happy.

- We honeymooned in Maui for 2 weeks. We felt like time stopped, some days we just stayed in bed all day. It was so beautiful. We walked on the beaches and didn't rush anywhere. We often talk about our honeymoon and can't wait to go back to Maui.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi R. said...

oooohhh...naked people!! :)..just kidding..i liked your list.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home