four sweetpeas -->

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

We went to the zoo this morning with my mother -in-law. This is my self portrait submission. You can see fish, me, John, the stroller. I love our zoo it's really green and pretty. Most of the animals were out and lively this morning. The lion and tiger were especially entertaining.
I love Maryann. I feel like I'm still getting to know her. She has changed so much since I've known her, but she is becoming more of the lively person John knew growing up, he says. She is hysterical, creative, and always has a story to tell. Today is her Red Hat club meeting. I asked her what they talk about and she told us "Sex and Men". She said a few months ago the topic question was "would you ever have an affair on your husband, and if so should you tell him". Her respose to the second part of the question was " What? are you crazy? Why and the hell would you do something like that". Later on she told us how when she was younger she volunteered at the Lodi center for venereal disease because she thought it just sounded so sinful. Really it was a good organization because it helped the local kids. She is a rebel and artist at heart. She is outspoken and bold. She has a theory the the flamingos are pink because they eat so much shrimp, I told her I thought that was the silliest thing I'd ever heard, but she insisted it was true. Who knows maybe she is right, I'm usually wrong when I think I'm absolutely right.
This photo is for my mom, she is a turtle lover. Actually he is a tortoise, looks like a turtle to me, but my mom would know the difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

Where I have been??? I love your self portrait!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home