four sweetpeas -->

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Turn your face to the sun

On Saturday night we dropped the kids off at our babysitting co-op and went out on a date. First we went to Plum Blossom. It was yummy. Here's John finishing up.
My fortune turned out to be very fitting "Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you." I seem to do just the opposite most of the time and sometimes miss out on having a lot of fun ( like later on on our date ). After dinner we went to Infusions a little coffee shop downtown and ran into my friend Ben. He's not really a thug or a ganster or anything, I just told him to pose like one. We seem to run into each other every 2 years or so. Hi Ben, see you in another 2, love ya.
Later on John and I went to a bar that had dueling pianos. This is when our date sort of started falling apart. I hated the bar and could not get out of there fast enough, John on the other hand was having a fun time and wanted to stay. We ended up leaving after an hour or so. I told him I was sorry I made us leave but I just felt like such a loser the rest of the evening. He assured me that it was alright, but I just couldn't get over it. I guess I'm just not a big social bar/club person. On the rare occasion I will have fun at one, but most of the time I just feel so out of place. John can find fun in anything. Anyway, we are all good now. We made it home and the next day everything was back to normal.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home