four sweetpeas -->

Saturday, August 27, 2005

State Fair

We went to the state fair on Friday. It seemed a lot more crowded than these pictures show. My mom came with us. We walked around and looked in a lot of the buildings. My mom got sucked into a vapor cooking demonstration so we took off to the petting zoo. They actually had a little deer walking around in there. She was so small and cute.
There were a some new exhibits this year. One was about Tibet that I liked. They were selling these cute little bead necklaces for $5 that they made in Tibet so I bought one. They also had a surfing building with lots of cool pictures of women surfers. It reminded me of how much I liked that show "Surf Girls" that was on a while back.
This is Stella admiring a piece of art. She was so good, she liked seeing all the people and sights of the fair.
The very last thing we did was go on the monorail. It was so nice to go on last because we were so tired from walking and the train is so quiet and soothing as it glides around all the areas of the fair. My favorite part has always been when the monorail passes over the beer garden. I remember as a kid I would always look down and think I was peeking into some adult place that kids were not allowed. It was always loud with a band playing and people we smiling and having a good time. I don't know what I expected to see, but I'd get a little thrill from looking. I don't feel the thrill anymore, but something still stirs in me when we pass the beer garden. Something forbidden is going on in there and I want to be apart of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home